I’m thrilled to announce that Rock Star Marketing is now offering website design! I have acquired a partner, Jennifer Pasetes, who is a savvy web mistress, and together, we are rockin’ the online marketing world! Woo-hoo!
Okay, now that I’ve shared my exciting news, now we’ll move on to our regularly scheduled program….
What Does Your Website Say About Your Business?
Okay, so we’re all familiar with websites at this point and they’ve reached a level of ubiquity that matches the business card and printed literature. In short, if you don’t have a website for your business, no one with a mobile device knows you exist.
So, when you look at your business website, what do you see?
- Is the design clean?
- Is the design cluttered?
- Are all the links working?
- Is your site easy to navigate?
- Have you search engine optimized your website content?
- How do you rank on the search engine results pages?
- Do you have a blog, and if so, when was your last entry?
- Do you have enough pictures?
- Are there action items encouraging people to order now or call today?
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, perhaps we should have a phone conversation about your business website. If you do know what I’m talking about and think you might need some help, contact me and we’ll discuss it.
In short, here are 12 key features that make a perfect website. How many are you utilizing for your business website?
1. An Eye-catching Design — Is your website “Wow”? or “OK”? It’s better to go with “Wow”.
2. Convenient Navigation — Make it really easy for your visitors to surf your site.
3. Proper Content — Does your website own the same keywords your customers are looking for?
4. Contact Information — Sadly, too many businesses forget to put their phone number, address, email, and a real person’s name. I’ve even seen a site neglect to mention what state they’re in!
5. Search Option — Especially for e-commerce sites, you must have an ability to search your site for keywords.
6. Sign-Up Form — This allows you to capture key information about your visitors and customers.
7. Sitemap — A sitemap allows your visitors to click to where they want to go on your site and stay longer.
8. Web Browsers Compatibility — Make certain your website looks good and works well on all browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.
9. Images — Use smaller images so they’ll download faster, which is especially important for mobile devices.
10. Analytics — Analytics allows you to track who’s visiting your website, on what pages, where they’re from, and all sorts of other cool metrics.
11. Mobile Enabled — Is your website easy to see on a mobile device? If not, you may be missing out on a lot of visitors!
12. Sharing Is Caring — Allow for visitors to share your blog post, links, or pages on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Okay, so if your website is looking awesome already, good for you! If your website needs a little upgrade, contact Rock Star Marketing for a Free Consultation at 831-324-0816. Rock Star Marketing: Put your business in the limelight!